Dr. Travis T. Patterson, III
Dr. Patterson was born and raised in Wilson, NC. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He completed his Bachelors of Science degree and Doctorate of Dental Medicine degree at the University of Kentucky (Go Wildcats). He went on to complete his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, one of the premier programs in the country. The program at the University of Oklahoma was the first Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency west of the Mississippi River.
Dr. Patterson has been practicing in Northern Virginia for over 30 years and was one of the partners of Whiston, Patterson and Corcoran. The practice held a long history of quality patent care and community involvement. He is an avid fisher and enjoys spending quality time with his family.
- Washington & Lee University, 1978-1980
- University of Kentucky, 1980-1982 ; BS in Biology
- University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, 1983-1987
- University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, OMS Residency, 1987-1991; Oral Surgery Certificate
- Associate Professor University of Oklahoma Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 1991
- Partner Whiston Patterson Corcoran
- Falls Church, VA and Arlington,VA
- Section Chief Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Virginia Hospital Center 2000-2021
- Virginia Hospital Center Executive Committee.
- Member Selection committee VHC Trauma service.
- Member ADA, NVDS, VDS, AAOMS, Diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Southeastern Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- International Society of Oral
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Part time Instructor, VCU School of Dentistry; Jamaican Dental Project
“A Two-Stage Procedure for Temporomandibular Joint Disc Replacement Using Free Pericranial Grafts;” Markowitz, Patterson JOMS, 1991